Posted on May 27, 2014
by Jerry Alatalo
“It is demonstrable that many of the obstacles for change which have been attributed to human nature are in fact due to the inertia of institutions and to the voluntary desire of powerful classes to maintain the existing status.”
– JOHN DEWEY (1859-1952) American philosopher, educator
Given the severe economic crisis of 2007-8 which the world still experiences today, there is no doubt that Americans, especially the men and women of Nebraska, will be very interested in Dan Buhrdorf’s run for the United States Senate. Most Americans would become supporters of Mr. Buhrdorf’s campaign – on the Tax Wall Street Party ticket – if only they learned more about him. He was born in Nebraska, in a fifth-generation American family, graduated from the University of Nebraska, and been an educator, teacher and principal outside of the United States.
For those who have never heard of either the Tax Wall Street Party or Dan Buhrdorf – for those who have waited for candidates in federal elections who are firmly determined to correct the problems caused by Wall Street criminals and thieves, war profiteers in the military-industrial-complex warned about by Dwight Eisenhower in his farewell speech, those who place profits above the American people – Dan Buhrdorf of Nebraska is your man.
- 1% sales tax paid by all sellers of stocks, corporate bonds, and derivatives, with a $1,000,000 exemption effectively excluding 98-99% of Americans.
- Reform of the Federal Reserve, converting it into a national bank, in a complete departure from its 100-year history as a private banking cartel. The reformed bank will offer 0% credit to cities, states, and regional entities for financing of infrastructure projects, schools, water/wastewater treatment plants, public safety, road maintenance, and all government spending which previously required high interest payments on loans from private Wall Street corporations.
- Suspension of all free trade agreements, a 15% general tariff paid to the United States Treasury on any imports of foreign goods and services.
- Protecting the United States Postal Service (USPS) by repealing the “poison pill” legislation inserted by Dennis Hastert before leaving office, which requires the USPS to pre-pay pension obligations for people who are not even born yet. Stop privatization and union-busting actions against the USPS – the world’s largest employer.
- Establish a “Medicare for All” national health care system, ending the United States’ identity as the only industrialized nation without a national health plan.
- The United States’ entry into the “Peace Race”, ending imperialism, redirection of military/war-related spending toward production of renewable energy, roads and bridges, educational opportunity and public schools, promotion of agriculture, public safety, and other life-affirming projects.
Dan Buhrdorf’s campaign for the United States Senate in Nebraska is a grassroots movement, without any large campaign contributions (bribes) from Wall Street fraudsters, multi-billionaire Koch brothers, or business oligarchs who evade taxes through complex accounting schemes and offshore tax havens. Ask yourself if you are able to disagree with any of Dan Buhrdorf’s ideas and if they are not good ideas for America, then ask yourself if sending Dan to the United States Senate is an eventuality which people call a “no-brainer.”
Does the package of ideas offered by Dan Buhrdorf offer more than his Goldman-Sachs front-runner Republican opponent? Most Americans – most Nebraskans – would honestly answer that important question with a clear, unambiguous, and obviously plain “YES!”
So, all Americans – especially the men and women of Nebraska – need to do everything in their power to make Dan Buhrdorf of Nebraska United States Senator Dan Buhrdorf. His ideas are better for Nebraskans and better for Americans, now get creative and help his message get out there all across America. If you’re a blogger, post articles about his campaign. If you’re a radio talkshow host or TV reporter, interview Dan Buhrdorf as soon as possible and often. If you live in Nebraska, organize events and contact your friends and relatives.
Will Dan Buhrdorf become the next United States Senator from Nebraska? Take some time and remember that Minnesota Senator Paul Wellstone was seen as a decided underdog, with no chance of winning election, before he defeated incumbent Republican Rudy Boschwitz. Think deeply on the ways in which Paul Wellstone and Dan Buhrdorf share a vision for America, how they both came to the life-changing decision to enter the world of hardball politics because it was the only way to bring about real change, and how both Wellstone and Buhrdorf came face-to-face with serious and real risks with great courage and sacrifice.
Some may agree and some may not agree that, because of Paul Wellstone’s courageous stand against the very real dark forces and powerful vested interests in the United States, Wellstone’s death in a northern Minnesota plane crash was a political assassination. These same dark and powerful people are still operating in America in 2014, and these are the people and forces that Dan Buhrdorf has decided to battle.
When seen in that light, Mr. Buhrdorf’s senatorial run becomes much – much – more than just another fringe candidate tossing their hat into the political arena. When Dan Buhrdorf becomes sworn in as United States Senator from Nebraska, Americans will understand that real, irreversible, and historic change has come.
For information please visit DanForNebraska.com
Thanks to karimberdi @ YouTube