By Jerry Alatalo
“But the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth; if wrong, they lose what is always as great a benefit – the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error.”
– JOHN STUART MILL (1806-1873) English political economist, philosopher
THE BOBBY MCILVAINE WORLD TRADE CENTER INVESTIGATION ACT
SECTION 1. ESTABLISHMENT.
There is hereby established the Select Committee on the investigation of the destruction of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001 (hereinafter referred to as the “Select Committee”).
SEC. 2. COMPOSITION.
(a) The Speaker shall appoint 12 Members to the Select Committee, five of whom shall be appointed after consultation with the minority leader.
(b) The Speaker shall designate one Member to serve as chair of the Select Committee.
(c) Any vacancy in the Select Committee shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
SEC. 3. INVESTIGATION AND REPORT ON THE DESTRUCTION OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TWIN TOWERS AND BUILDING 7.
(a) The Select Committee is authorized and directed to conduct a full and complete investigation and study and issue a final report of its findings to the House regarding—
(1) the likely technical cause or causes of the destruction of the World Trade Center Twin Towers and Building 7, including a full inquiry into the possible use of explosives and/or incendiaries that may have been the actual cause of the destruction;
(2) the circumstances surrounding the destruction of the World Trade Center Twin Towers and Building 7 that would have allowed for their destruction by means of controlled demolition using explosives and/or incendiaries;
(3) the validity, or lack thereof, of the findings and conclusions of the investigation conducted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology;
(b) In addition to the final report addressing the matters in subsection (a), the Select Committee may issue such interim reports as it deems necessary.
SEC. 4. PROCEDURE.
(a) Rule XI of the Rules of the House of Representatives shall apply to the Select Committee except as follows:
(1) Clause 2(a) of rule XI shall not apply to the Select Committee.
(2) Pursuant to clause 2(h) of rule XI, two Members of the Select Committee shall constitute a quorum for taking testimony or receiving evidence and one third of the Members of the Select Committee shall constitute a quorum for taking any action other than one for which the presence of a majority of the Select Committee is required.
(3) The chair of the Select Committee may authorize and issue subpoenas pursuant to clause 2(m) of rule XI in the investigation and study conducted pursuant to section 3 of this resolution, including for the purpose of taking depositions.
(4) (A) The chair of the Select Committee, upon consultation with the ranking minority member, may order the taking of depositions, under oath and pursuant to notice or subpoena, by a Member of the Select Committee or a counsel of the Select Committee.
(B) Depositions taken under the authority prescribed in this paragraph shall be governed by the procedures submitted by the chair of the Committee on Rules for printing in the Congressional Record.
(5) The chair of the Select Committee may, after consultation with the ranking minority member, recognize—
(A) Members of the Select Committee to question a witness for periods longer than five minutes as though pursuant to clause 2(j)(2)(B) of rule XI; and
(B) staff of the Select Committee to question a witness as though pursuant to clause 2(j)(2)(C) of rule XI.
(b) The Select Committee shall take testimony from no fewer than three experts in engineering or related fields who present evidence supporting the theory that explosives and/or incendiaries were used in the destruction of the World Trade Center Twin Towers and Building 7.
SEC. 5. RECORDS; STAFF; FUNDING.
(a) Any committee of the House of Representatives having custody of records in any form relating to the matters described in section 3 shall transfer such records to the Select Committee within 14 days of the adoption of this resolution. Such records shall become the records of the Select Committee.
(b) (1) (A) To the greatest extent practicable, the Select Committee shall utilize the services of staff of employing entities of the House. At the request of the chair of the Select Committee in consultation with the ranking minority member, staff of employing entities of the House or a joint committee may be detailed to the Select Committee without reimbursement to carry out this resolution and shall be deemed to be staff of the Select Committee.
(B) Section 202(i) of the Legislative Reorganization Act of 1946 (2 U.S.C. 4301(i)) shall apply with respect to the Select Committee in the same manner as such section applies with respect to a standing committee of the House of Representatives.
(2) The chair of the Select Committee, upon consultation with the ranking minority member, may employ and fix the compensation of such staff as the chair considers necessary to carry out this resolution.
(c) There shall be paid out of the applicable accounts of the House of Representatives such sums as may be necessary for the expenses of the Select Committee. Such payments shall be made on vouchers signed by the chair of the Select Committee and approved in the manner directed by the Committee on House Administration. Amounts made available under this subsection shall be expended in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Committee on House Administration.
SEC. 6. DISSOLUTION AND DISPOSITION OF RECORDS.
(a) The Select Committee shall cease to exist 30 days after filing the final report required under section 3.
(b) Upon dissolution of the Select Committee, the records of the Select Committee shall become the records of such committee or committees designated by the Speaker.
(Thank you to AE911Truth at YouTube)