Posted October 6, 2013
by Jerry Alatalo
Jeremy Gilley has invented a profound movement. He had an idea to name the date of September 21 as the “International Day of Peace“. His idea became a reality when the United Nations voted to do so in the General Assembly. Mr. Gilley recently created a documentary about his amazing experience -“Peace One Day: The Journey”- which should give any man or woman who views it a strong sense of potentials and possibilities.
“With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation’s wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves, and with all nations.”
– Abraham Lincoln / Second Inaugural Address 1865
“Five great enemies to peace inhabit within us: viz., avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride. If those enemies were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace.”
– Petrarch (1304-1374) Italian Poet
“No one is fool enough to choose war instead of peace. For in peace sons bury fathers, but war violates the order of nature, and fathers bury sons.”
– Herodotus (485-425 B.C.) Greek Historian
“There never was a good war or a bad peace.”
– Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
“Until you have become really, in actual fact, as brother to everyone, brotherhood will not come to pass.”
– Fyodor Dostoyevski (1821-1881) Russian Novelist
“War is an invention of the human mind. The human mind can invent peace.”
– Norman Cousins (1912-1990) American Writer
Jeremy Gilley invents peace.
Let all men, women, and children on this Earth strive to become inventors of peace.
Let today be the first day of World Peace Forever.
- Russia celebrates World Peace Day with 24-hour charity broadcast (voiceofrussia.com)
- It’s World Peace Day! What will you do this Sept. 21? (ted.com)
- Peace Day (misbehavedwoman.wordpress.com)