By Jerry Alatalo
eace and truth activists gathered in the United Kingdom recently to discuss media propaganda as it relates to instances of intentional manipulation of viewers and readers, designed for building massive public acceptance for wars of aggression. In the last few years, coincidental to the military violence in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Yemen and elsewhere, an increasingly intense struggle has grown between corporate media groups and independent media organizations found largely on the internet.
“Media on Trial” speakers focused solely on the media aspects of war and peace issues, collectively delivering a devastating series of (non-military) blows to what most understand as “mainstream media” or MSM. If one were to imagine MSM owners, top management and editors responsible for what they publish present at the event, and metaphorically “on trial”, those in the audience and subsequent viewers of presenters “making the case” would unanimously return the guilty verdict – for the multi-year, multi-decade serial crimes of premeditated lying to the public, and aiding-abetting in the planning and waging of wars of aggression.
Speakers at “Media on Trial”:
- Ms. Vanessa Beeley (21st Century Wire) talked on manipulation of children for war propaganda purposes, the White Helmets, and more.
- Former Ambassador from the United Kingdom to Syria Peter Ford shared his experiences associated with the MSM, particularly from the standpoint of speaking the truth and the challenges one faces from doing so.
- Professor Tim Hayward of the United Kingdom spoke about the major misconceptions among the public about the term “conspiracy theorist”, and how propagandists use the derogatory term to discredit well-known men and women who speak the truth.
- Mr. Patric Henningsen (founder, 21st Century Wire) identified the historical pattern of state-media lies, how they lead to unnecessary and criminal wars, the severe consequences innocent people have endured due to the lies, and why citizens’ rapidly exposing the lies wherever and when they surface is so massively important.
- Mr. John Pilger, the widely known and respected journalist with decades of experience through writing, public appearances, and producing many documentary films, was unable to attend due to bronchitis. A 17-minute recorded video of a media-related address he gave recently was presented in his absence.
- Professor Piers Robinson of the United Kingdom spoke to the scientific features of propaganda, the history and development of public relations (a “new” name for propaganda), and with a special emphasis on his findings after reading the Chilcott Report – the United Kingdom government’s long-awaited study on the causes, concerns, and unavoidable consequences of the 2003 Iraq War.
The outstanding event featured serious presenters and serious people in the audience, all engaged in an intellectual exercise dealing with a very disturbing set of global problems.
Mr. Patrick Henningsen of 21st Century Wire’s no-holds-barred presentation was captured on the video below. For anyone interested in viewing the other presenters’ equally strong contributions at “Media on Trial”, YouTube channel George Greek Trucker has posted their individualized presentations, readily available by clicking the link. Please consider sharing this important information widely with family, friends, and associates.
(Thank you to George Greek Trucker at YouTube)