Would Ending Private Control Of Money Creation Improve Everything?

Posted on December 3, 2014

by Jerry Alatalo

aaa-14Alphabet According to Ken O’Keefe and a growing number of men and women around the Earth, the answer is yes. Mr. O’Keefe, at The 2nd International Conference of Independent Thinkers in Tehran a few weeks ago, said that taking the massive power held now in the United States, Europe and many other nations by a very small number of private, extremely wealthy individuals and transferring that power to the people in the form of a monetary public utility would change everything on Earth – for the better – in a day.

The United States government issues 3% of the money supply in the form of coins. The remaining 97%, in the form of paper currency, becomes created by private interests through the Federal Reserve system and privately owned banks – out of thin air, by typing some numbers into a computer screen. Quite simply, such a profoundly large power in the control of a very small number of ultra-wealthy global élite must end before there is any chance whatsoever to successfully defeat centuries-old problems faced by humanity like starvation, wars, homelessness, disease, environmental degradation, wealth inequality, species extinction and more.

In a recent post we shared a video of British MP Michael Meacher speaking during a historic debate on just this issue – monetary reform – inside the British Parliament, including pro-monetary reform speeches made by both conservative and liberal MPs. Just as governments in Sweden, Britain, Ireland, Spain – and now France – have made strong statements recognizing a Palestinian state recently, the world is evolving in such an accelerated manner that monetary reform will soon become just as publicized as the people of the world rapidly grow in awareness of what is really happening, and take the actions which lead to corrections of unjust, immoral, extremely harmful events and conditions.

Let us be thankful that the world’s people are acting to finally correct the decades-long injustice experienced by the Palestinian people. Give thanks as well that men and women in every nation and region are finally acting to correct the way money has historically become created – at least since 1913 and establishment of the Federal Reserve banking system in the United States – under private control, which has been a massive societal failure responsible for the tragic cycles of global economic booms and busts – and every war.

****

(Thank you to Ken O’Keefe at YouTube)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s