Posted September 8, 2013
by Jerry Alatalo
Millions, perhaps billions of people in every country on Earth have focused on the United States Congress, watching, reading and listening to every word, emotion and nuance.
The same numbers of men, women and children are active and involved in different ways, from expressing their thoughts on the internet, to emailing and phoning lawmakers, to attending demonstrations against U.S. military action-war against the country of Syria.
Those with technical skills are producing films of varying lengths to spread their messages with others. The following are two of those films, showing clips from various producers.
The first is an interview today of White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough by CNN’s Candy Crowley. He asserts that the administration has evidence which passes the “common sense test” and that this is not a “court of law… this is not how intelligence works”. One would think that the most important unsolved crime on Earth now, the chemical attacks in Syria on August 21, would be best solved in a court of law. We must ask why both Vladimir Putin and Bassar Al’Assad have asked for evidence and proof. A person accused of a single murder has his day in court. I am not for or against anyone here; I am simply saying that there are many with much greater experience and knowledge on these issues who are calling for exactly the same thing-present the evidence to the UN and prove the case.
The second video is a variety of clips starting with Wesley Clark’s description of the Pentagon’s plan to invade and control “seven countries in five years”. To be balanced, evidently Mr. Clark is for strikes on Syria. There is a clip of a man who seems like a veteran confronting John McCain at a town-hall meeting.
Please push on as hard as possible in your efforts for peace in the Middle East and the country of Syria.
(September 9, 2013: The YouTube videos originally a part of this post are no longer available because the account(s) of the person(s) who produced them were terminated))
- W.H. defends Syria strike: “We learned our lesson” in Iraq (cbsnews.com)
- WH chief of staff: ‘This is not Iraq or Afghanistan’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Denis McDonough On Syria: ‘This Is Not Iraq And Afghanistan’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Video: Rose: Assad “denied that he had anything to do with” chemical attack (cbsnews.com)
- Italian reporter freed in Syria (bbc.co.uk)
- Kerry, Hagel Didn’t Vote For 2003 Bill Obama Administation Cites Making The Case For Syria Action (buzzfeed.com)
- Chemical weapons in Syria – MSF Weekly Scrapbook #38 (storify.com)
- White House Admits It’s a Coalition of One (nationalreview.com)