Posted August 30, 2013
by Jerry Alatalo
In this recent BBC radio interview, former Syrian Foreign Ministry official Jihad Makdissi speaks about what is quickly becoming more apparent to the human race: negotiations and sitting down at the table of dialogue is now the only option for the country and people of Syria.
Mr. Makdissi made the very difficult decision to resign his post in the Syrian government, and effectively makes the case that any thinking which suggests more military action will improve conditions in his war-torn country is futile. His view that there is no military solution; more war and violence will not make life any better, but make things worse for the Syrian people, reflects the wisdom that world leaders must grasp now.
His urgent message to the world:
“Dialogue is the only way out of Syria’s dark tunnel.”
- An Appeal Against Attacking Syria (warisacrime.org)
- US, Britain and Russia send warships (irishtimes.com)
- Press Conference by Sergey Lavrov dealing with Syria (stateofglobe.com)
- International Opposition to Western Aggression against Syria (nsnbc.me)
- Western intervention in Syria ‘will have catastrophic effects’, charities warn (metro.co.uk)